Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Anne of Green Gables Cross Stitch #1

Hi Everyone, 

Sorry for the long delay. I've been running around like crazy, but I really have still been crafting.  I just haven't gotten anything up on here!  

Ages ago, I made a cross stitch pattern out of a friend's favorite quote and realized I wanted one for myself.  So a few weeks ago, I decided I would make myself one with different colored flowers and only got around to it recently.  

I again made the pattern in Excel, though I had to draw in the diagonal lines by hand once I had printed it.




As always, I cut the fabric 2" larger than the final size I wanted (in this case, 8x10).


Then I fold in quarters and mark the center with one of my sewing pencils.  I can wash it off just a damp paper towel if it's visible through the embroidery later. (These fabric pencils are one of my favorite things!)



For this one, color selection took forever.  I wanted the leaves about the same color as last time, but I wanted to do purple flowers.  Apparently, my inability to make small decisions conveys to picking colors for embroidery!



Finally, I could start stitching!



And yes, all of that took an entire evening.  Unbelievable how much time I can spend setting up just one project!

The final version will be in the next post.

Till next time, 
A

No comments:

Post a Comment